Mt Toubkal and the Atlas Mountains – May 2020
Date/Time: 27/05/2020 - 02/06/2020, All Day Location: Mt Toubkal, Morocco
An exhilarating 7 day trip into the heart of Morocco and the Atlas Mountains range with 5 days of trekking
the opportunity to summit up to 6 peaks over 3000m!
27 May – 2 June 2020
Morocco is home to the highest mountain range in North Africa. The Atlas Mountains form several ranges over 2500km that stretch through Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia.
The range’s highest peak is Mt Toubkal, with a height of 4,167 metres (13,671 ft) in southwestern Morocco.
Breese Adventures are offering a 5 day trek that gives a more unique Atlas Mountains experience including 2 days of quieter paths and the opportunity to cross the Aguelzim pass at 3650m.
We choose 5 days as this gives the best chance of acclimatisation and lets us immerse ourselves in the history and the culture of this amazing region and allows flexibility in our itinerary.
We begin our trek at our private refuge in Aroumd as we relax and soak up the atmosphere with fantastic panoramic views of the Atlas Mountains from the roof top terrace.
We use only the best in country guides and a Breese Adventures leader will also be on the trip.
Our fully catered 5 day trek includes water (need to purify), snacks, breakfast, lunch and evening meal where all the food is cooked fresh every time! (We can cater for all dietary requirements)
After the trek you have time to relax in the beautiful city of Marrakech and learn about the history, culture and architecture.
Important Information before you book
Total per person £548
£150 deposit due within 7 days of booking.
£398 due by 4 March 2020.
Please make sure you have read our Booking Terms and Conditions.
please make sure you have sufficient TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR THIS TRIP
You must show proof of your travel insurance for this trip and it must cover the following:-
Medical and Repatriation back to the UK
Trekking insurance up to 4500m
Helicopter Evacuation insurance
Some suggested Insurance companies for you to look at (you must do your own research, these are for guidance only):-
BIG CAT Insurance https://bigcattravelinsurance.com/travel-insurance/trekking-insurance/
Snowcard Insurance https://www.snowcard.co.uk
BREESE ADVENTURES INSOLVENCY PROTECTION
CUSTOMER RIGHT TO CANCEL OR TRANSFER BOOKING
Please see our Booking Terms and Conditions for details on cancelling or transferring your booking.
MINIMUM PEOPLE FOR TRIP TO RUN
We will need to have recieved full payment from a minimum of 6 people to run this trip no less than 12 weeks before the departure date. If this number is not reached Breese Adventures may cancel this trip and return deposits paid. Please see our Booking Terms and Conditions for more details.
PACKAGE TRAVEL REGULATIONS 2018
The combination of travel services offered to you (trek, accommodation and transfers) is a package within the meaning of the Package Travel Regulations 2018. Therefore you will benefit from all rights applying to packages. Breese Adventures will be responsible for the package as a whole and as required by law have protection in place to refund your payments in the event that it becomes insolvent.
You can find information on the Package Travel Regulations here.
Key rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018
- You will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
- Breese Adventures is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
- You will be accompanied by a Breese Adventures team member and will be given an emergency number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with them or an emergency contact.
- You may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs (see Booking Terms and Conditions for details).
- The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise, and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the package, the customer may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Customers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package Breese Adventures cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
- Customers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package
- Additionally, customers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Customers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
- Customers are also entitled to a price reduction or compensation for damages or both where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
If Breese Adventures becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. All payments from customers will be kept in a customer trust fund account, details of which will be given to the customer.